Tuesday, August 15, 2017

My Favorite Part of the Day

It is an absolute delight to think about the favorite part of my day! (Welcome to MY Day 2 of the blogging challenge.)

I am beyond blessed to have many sacred spaces to retreat to for serenity throughout the day. My healing room at home provides a high vibration of light and love, as well as encouragement and motivation to follow my soul’s path. The front porch gives a spectacular view of nature to help me feel connected to the universe and my dreams, while offering the opportunity to be grounded. However, the time and place that really puts a smile on my face is the bedroom at night with my husband.




DOWNLOAD TIME

Our download time at the end of the day is beyond special. I’m truly “home” in the bedroom with my husband. We share every joy, gratitude, annoyance, fear, and tear with no judgement, no previous conceived expectations - just understanding and support.

We love our love story. We dated when we were young, lived through amazing and trying times, and got back together again just 7 years ago. This best friend that I have been married to for two years now is my solid rock, my supporter, my confidant, my lover, my heart. He taught me in the beginning that it was safe to share all my thoughts and feelings. – I spent almost 40 years of my life living on eggshells, trying not to upset the elephant in the room. – Now I’m free! I’m free to say exactly what is going on in my head. I’m safe to be “bat-shit crazy and loving it!” (This is what I call my intuitive gifts.) And my husband loves every part of me, and I of him!

Alone in our room, the rest of the world slowly melts away. Our download time consists of the happenings from our day, any news we want to share about our loved ones, and an unadulterated exemption from political correctness and social standards. OUR TIME! Time to make up silly words to popular songs, time to dance goofy, bonk each other on the head with small pillows, pretend to pick fights with one another, and savor every moment of US!

You might think that what we have right now is just the honeymoon phase of a new relationship. In actuality, we started fighting the good fight on day one. It was not an easy transition for anyone, and we have persevered through fire and brimstone with an intense desire to make everything work for our highest and best.  

ECSTASY

After the separation from my first husband, I began seeing a therapist to finally learn to care for myself. With her guidance, I learned the basics about Maslow’s Hierarchy of Needs. The first tier consists of items needed for survival: food, water, shelter, clothing, adequate sleep, and touch. Who knew how important touch really could be!

Have you ever reached a time where the energy around you is so icky that you don’t even want to be touched – yet, at the same time you crave it with every fiber of your being? I learned to survive the trials of life by running away. I got very good at shutting people out. My normal stance is one with my arms crossed in front of me. I don’t remember when I started wearing tank tops under my shirts during any season of the year, just to have an extra layer to feel protected. I also began carrying every single thing in my purse that I or anyone else could possibly need, just in case…

TOUCHING HEART, MIND, BODY, AND SOUL

With my current husband, I ended up with a man who is a manly man to everyone else in the world, but also has the kindest, most sincere and sentimental heart I have known. He knows when to put his hand on my lower back while we are in public to help me feel safe. He knows when and where to place his hand on my body to help me energetically release toxins. And he knows how to place a hand gently on me while we lay in bed, just so I know that the love is there.


How can a person love bedtime so much? I can! And I do! I’ve met my match and together we are complete. 

No comments:

Post a Comment